Weekend Ghost Check-in: Saturday August 22

Hello, Blenders! Welcome to another weekend ghost check-in.

This is the place where we talk about our workouts and our meals for the day... And it's also where I like to ask a (completely optional) question, because I'm very interested in what you have to say on a range of topics.

Today, I got my workout done early so I could watch the footy this evening. So today my question's going to be about sport.

Well, Blenders, I know you work out with Fitness Blender - and many of you even enjoy it. But what do you like, in terms of sport? Do you play any sports? Watch any sports? Passionately support any sporting teams or players? Or is it just not your thing?

Now I love sports. Netball's my favourite, both to play and to watch, but I tend to watch more footy (another favourite) because the whole family's into it. But I have to say: I'm finding it tough this year to sit down and watch many games, because I'm spending so much time sitting down during the day. More often I half watch games while doing my workouts.

I live next door (literally!) to a stadium, and most years we go to quite a few games. I am really missing that this year. We're in lockdown in Melbourne, so sports have relocated to elsewhere in Australia. I'm sorry we can't go to games - but it's okay, because we can still watch it on TV.

And then there's soccer and tennis and cricket... I could go on for a while. (Don't worry, I'll stop here!)

So yes, I'd love to hear about your sporting interests, and also your workouts for the day. Do you have a workout scheduled? Or is it a rest day? Or perhaps something a bit different - some backyard sports with the kids, or some crazy dancing unobserved in your living room? If you're moving your body, that's good. And if you're resting? Even better!

Mine was a bored easily upper body workout with a spot of kickboxing - can't complain! I have to confess, four days in, I'm not hating this Bored Easily program. Don't worry - there's still three weeks for me to have a horrible time!

Just one thing left - and that's food. Are you hungry after all that talk of sport and exercise? If not, you might be after reading all the delicious dinners the other Blenders are having today. So share your plans: what's for dinner today? Is there anything tasty on the menu for the rest of the day?

Today I made a pea and ham soup. Now, it's not my favourite soup. But I try to make a soup every week, and my kids hate it and whinge every time. The only soup they like is their Nanna's pea and ham soup. We're in lockdown right now and have barely seen Nanna all year - there's no pea and ham soup in sight! So I made one, just for the kids. (Next time I'll do it in the slow cooker, though, I reckon. If there is a next time!)

That's it from me for now. Have a fantastic Saturday, Blenders! Enjoy your workout (or rest), and I'll see you again tomorrow.

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited