HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group August 22

Hi everyone,

How are things? How is everybody doing? What’s going on in your life? I hope everybody stays safe and healthy.

Thought for today:

I don’t know where I’m going but I’m on my way.

I never really had big plans or an idea where I wanted to be in five years’ time. I just wanted to be now and not at some point in the future. That doesn’t mean I don’t care about the future and just waste all my money and energy here and now. What I mean is, that for me it is important to do the things which are important to me now, in the present and not moving them to an uncertain point in the future. So much can happen, and everything can change. I just go with the flow, always moving forward, being amazed by what life has to offer and always being curious what will happen next.

For example, when I applied for my PhD I decided to go part-time. Not because I wanted to spend the whole 8 years, which are available then, but just in case, because you never know. And actually, I wanted to finish this year (that would have been 4 years in total) but now Covid happened and everything will take longer. It is an inconvenience for sure, but not a disaster. I’m still in the 8-year time frame.

Please don’t get me wrong. I don’t think that planning is bad. Planning can also give structure and stability and of course sometimes you have to plan in advance for more than just a couple of weeks, months or even years.

What about you? are you someone who likes to plan or are you more the person who goes with the flow, or something in between?

And of course, what workouts have you done today? Or which one are you planning to do, or is it rest for you? Any delicious meals on offer? Please share, I’m curious.

I will do the last day of Kelli-Belly today, which is a nice long Pilates workout.

We are still looking for someone, who likes to host next week. Everybody is welcome. Just let Storm know that you would like to host.

P.S ANYONE is welcome to join the conversation in this thread. Don’t be shy or afraid. Just jump right in. We don’t bite. This is an extremely friendly and motivational community. So, we are happy to hear from you.