E
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Is my routine imbalanced?

Hey everybody!

After reading the post on having a balanced work out plan, I started questioning my own and decided to ask for more perspectives.

So I normally switch programs when I finish, for example I started with LI R2 in March, moved to Bodyweight R2 then Abs then LI R2 again (I really can't do anything else in the July heat!). Now this month, I wanted to try out yoga and decided to sign up for a one-month program and I do yoga everyday. Some days it's just breathwork and relaxing and other days it's a lot of core work, balancing and sweat. I really liked it, maybe more so than my usual schedule. I think it might be because it is really respectful towards my energy if that makes sense. I really want to keep doing it and getting better, which wasn't something I really felt with my previous schedule.

BUT at the same time I feel like I am not getting as diverse a training as I used to. When I did FB I had HIIT and strength and pilates and... so a yoga practice is definitely not as well rounded.

Did anyone have a similar dilemma? Is a yoga routine sustainable or imbalanced? Or do you recommend something else?

I'll be starting college this September and don't know how I'll continue exercising regularly or what will my new routine be like. But I think I might not have as much time or energy as right now... I know it is important to take care of yourself and I would never give up this habit completely, but I just think an intense routine might backfire a bit.

Anyway... thanks for reading this!

Erin