Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Losing weight: fitness blender vs fitness tracker

Hello everyone. After 1 month of extreme heat during which it was impossible to workout, I am slowly getting back into my routine. I started LI round 2 and I am currently on day 3. I also put on a little bit of weight, mainly due to lockdown, inactivity (sigh, uiversity) and a medication I am on for my heart. I just want to lose a couple of pounds bc jeans are a bit tight ;P . I usually go by intuitive eating, I don't measure out portions and I don't count calories, as long as I am eating whole, low processed and healthty foods.

I busted out my old pal, Polar A360, which I swore about back in the day when I used to hit the gym. It is one of the most accurate I have ever tried.

But coming to the bad news. Since losing weight = calorie deficit, I measured how much I burnt today with my workouts. I did a 35 minutes pilates workout + 10 minutes extra credit cardio. I got a good sweat and I moved and I am happy about it, but my tracker said I only burnt 108 calories total, while FB's calorie counter estimated 175 on the LOWER end. How is that possible? I know the tracker has a algorhythm which includes average calorie burned per hour for each activity and heart rate. I take heart medications that lower my heart rate because I have a problem in my ventricle. Am I actually burning less or is the tracker off bc of the meds? It has a nice function which divides heart rate zones which are optimal for recovering, burning fats etc, but sometimes my heart rate is under the zone for exercise. Should I do more cardio to increase it and then move on to my daily program to burn more?

it is almost 7pm where I live and the tracker says I only completed 41% of my daily activity (I set that I am mainly inactive during the day, but workout 3-5 hours a week, so it estimates a percentage of activity each day). I also walked about 4500 steps bc I ran errands.

Sorry for the long post and rant. And for the mumbling, english is not my first language.

Edited