HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group August 21

Hi everybody,

How are things? How is everybody doing? What’s going on in your life? I hope everybody stays safe and healthy.

Thought of the day:

It’s not a short-term diet. It’s a long-term lifestyle change.

Nothing new with this quote I guess, but I thought I make today about food.

It is such a basic thing to eat. We have to eat each day. And even such a natural thing can get so difficult for many of us.

I always thought for me it is impossible to change my eating behaviour. As someone who struggled with food almost her whole life, I was convinced change is not possible. With the beginning of lock down I decided to give it at least a try. What could go wrong? That I end up where I was? Well, that would be just status quo. Not the best thing but not the worst either. So, I started by taking all processed foods out and almost all sugars. And I gave it a try. It worked surprisingly well. Of course, there were up and downs and there still are. And some weeks work better than others, but I never have the feeling that quitting is an option.

I don’t know what happened but after so many years of fighting with food, something seemed to have changed and I have the feeling my current approach could work in the long run. I never had such a long period of time of peace with me and food and it makes me so happy. What I learned is, it is not about food, it is about a mindset.

Enough from me. Do you have a food story? Is it easy for you to handle food, or is it difficult? Have you found your way?

And before we forget it. Of course, we won’t. Workouts and food. Please share, I’m curious.

P.S ANYONE is welcome to join the conversation in this thread. Don’t be shy or afraid. Just jump right in. We don’t bite. This is an extremely friendly and motivational community. So, we are happy to hear from you.