HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group August 20

Hi everybody,

How are things? How is everybody doing? What’s going on in your life? I hope everybody stays safe and healthy.

Another day, another quote.

My life, my choices, my mistakes, my lessons, not your business.

I find this quote sounds almost a bit harsh. But it is making a point, which I wanted to share with you. I was very young when I got my daughter. Well I was still in school. And from the moment it got public an analog shit storm happened. Almost everybody had an opinion on that, and not in a good way. There was so much judgement and almost everybody predicted that I will fail, that I will end up alone, with no education and on social benefits. No one predicted anything positive, although there are always two sides of the same coin. The only person who was truly cool with my decision was my grandmother. You never know how the future will be, not with 19 not with 39 or 69. There is always a certain amount of uncertainty. All I can do is to make my choices work for me, learn from them and if I need to, change direction again. But no one, if I don’t ask for, has the right to get involved in my life telling me what is right or wrong for me.

The truth is, deciding against all advice and just doing what felt right for me, having my daughter, was the best decision I ever made. It pushed my life into such a wonderful direction I couldn’t have imagine. And btw, none of the predicted disasters ever happened.

So, how about you? Did you made choices in your life, where other people disagreed with or judged you for? If you like, I would love to hear about your experiences.

Now to the important things for today. What workout is on the menu, or is it rest for you today? What about food? I hope you enjoyed/ will enjoy it. Please share, I’m curious.

For me it was another short night. We had a red storm warning. Because we had a weather warning the night before and nothing happened, we didn’t take this one seriously. So, when we realised it is a real storm, which made landfall in our area we ran out to fixate the trampoline and get the flowerpots to a save place. The Basketball hoop already fall and unfortunately on our sewer pipe, which are running outside our house wall. We still have to check the damage. And of course, we had power outage. But we are lucky our neighbour works at the electricity company, so that we are always one of the first estate to be reconnected.

For me workout will be Kelli-Belly day 4.

Sorry for the long post. Enjoy your day.

P.S ANYONE is welcome to join the conversation in this thread. Don’t be shy or afraid. Just jump right in. We don’t bite. This is an extremely friendly and motivational community. So, we are happy to hear from you.