Bodyweight 2 progress + Picture of my sword for those interested =D

First up, bodyweight! I've been enjoying it so far. It's nice to take a break from making my own routines, plus it's been nice to give my joints a rest from weight chasing.

My pushup total has gone up but at least five in a short amount of time, which lets me know my dedicated pushup training days paid off.

As to the sword, again I'll mention for those not into collecting things like this - it's purely a passion kind of collecting. For functioning swords or other weapons of this sort, its martial arts, history, fantasy nerdism, there's all kinds of reasons for it.

The only application they have is martial arts competitions against targets, training against targets, and recreational backyard use. (Woe be to water bottles! Also please never use a sword for backyard cutting without some training and never use stainless steel "swords", as these will break and the shards are dangerous.)

While a solid item for the $300 range, it is sadly a tad over built. This means I'll need to work on it myself, removing steel from the blade to reveal the edge while avoiding destroying the geometry or messing up the temper. The grip is also too short and should have been taken to the standard length of a longsword's. It's still easy to get a second hand on it, and material removal will aid in making it lighter in one hand.

As it stands, I'd class it as what we call a hand-and-a-half sword that's a bit over built.

This will be a project, but other than that I'm happy with it. The pommel could be a tad smaller and subdued, but I can't pass up Templar themed stuff, lol. A fun adventure in collecting and smithing!