HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group August 19

Hi everybody,

How are things? How is everybody doing? What’s going on in your life? I hope everybody stays safe and healthy.

Today’s quote:

Whatever you’re doing today, do it with the confidence of a 4-year-old in a Batman suit.

I had to smile when I read this quote, and it got me thinking. Is it just me, or do you think, that the older you get the less is allowed to do in some regards? What I mean, when you are young you can wear whatever you want and say I am Batman or whatever. It will never be wrong. When you are grown up you always think twice, if something is appropriate to wear, if you look to fat/skinny in something, if you are too old or still too young to wear or do certain things. And my question is why? Why are some (me too, from time to time) so afraid not to fit in? Aren’t we meant to be different and stand out? Whatever that means. Wearing the dress, which I was wearing 30 years ago, because I love it or skip jump along the street, because it’s fun. How I understand this quote is, that to have the confidence like a 4-year old means to accept yourself how you are and don’t question it, because it is absolutely ok to be me.

What about you? Are you sometimes lacking confidence, because you are overthinking things, or are you someone who just follows their intuition and does what feels right for you?

Workouts? Are there any you did today? What was for breakfast, lunch, dinner? Any treats? Please share, I’m curious.

I’m quite sore from yesterday, after I mixed Monday and Tuesdays Kelli-Bellies workouts. But I’m looking forward to today. Looks like another fund workout day.

My night was a bit short. My 9-year old wanted to feed the cat at 11pm and cut himself very deep at the can. We needed to see a doctor and get it fixed. I think my son enjoyed the attention more than being afraid.

Sorry for the long post. Enjoy your day.

P.S ANYONE is welcome to join the conversation in this thread. Don’t be shy or afraid. Just jump right in. We don’t bite. This is an extremely friendly and motivational community. So, we are happy to hear from you.