Over doing it, & recovery

Hi everyone,

I started Abs round 2 recently and it was going great. As usual I’ve been adding short walks into the mix & the occasional walk up the mountain when I have time or the weather permits. But..... last week I pushed myself too far. Way too far.

As I’ve mentioned before in previous posts, the U.K. was friggin hot recently. I was so hot I had a loss of appetite so I wasn’t eating anywhere near as much as I usually do. (I think we can see where this is going) I’d completed day 4 of the program that morning and decided to go for a walk in the afternoon. It was still really hot that afternoon and me being an idiot decided not to take a leisurely stroll but to walk up the mountain and back down. 🤦‍♀️ Then because I’m even more stupid then I ever thought, I decided to walk the trail along the base of the mountain and back. By the time i finished I was dripping in sweat, my feet were like lead and I could barely function. I went home and drank soooo much water. But did I eat anything? Nope! Genius,I know! 🙄 I ended up having a very early night because I was exhausted. The next morning I woke up and I felt awful my brain felt foggy, I was shaking and then I was physically sick. I spent the whole day feeling weak and lethargic. The next few days after I was struggling to do anything, I had this overwhelming feeling like I needed to stop and sit down all the time.

As a result of all this I missed quite a few days of the program while I recovered and that’s fine. There was a time when I would have beat myself up over it, but now I just feel like it’s necessary and you have to put yourself and your body first. I knew I over worked myself, and I knew I was out too long in the heat. But stupidly it didn’t occur to me until days later that I had barely eaten in the few days prior. How on earth did I ever think I could undertake so much activity without anything to fuel my body? And that’s exactly why I decided to post this.

Nutrition is such a huge factor in being healthy and giving your body what it needs to complete, and boost these workouts. It’s not a great idea to half your calories and over train to try and get to your goals quicker. More then likely that won’t happen. It’s counterproductive. Or you’ll lose weight very fast and then regain that fat just as fast as you lost it. As they say, slow and steady wins the race.

I absolutely did not do any of this with the intention of trying to gain a quick fix etc. I was absentminded, and neglectful. I just wanted to put my mistakes out there as a sort of cautionary tale so no one else would do the same and put unnecessary stress on their bodies.

Now I’ve finished my very long winded story, it’s time to be positive. I’m very well rested and fed properly the last few days so I’ll be back at it with Abs 2 tomorrow. I was only 4 days in so I’ve decided to restart the program and have a fresh start. Love the program sale too so thanks K&D the retail therapy definitely helped my recovery 😉

Have fun with your workouts everyone and stay safe. 😊