Daily Check-in: Friday August 14th

Hello and happy Friday blendfriends! I’m your lucky Friday ghost Heather! It has been a long week for me so boy am I excited for some Friday fun. Can we take a moment to thank all the guest hosts this week? What a fun and varied week it’s been and don’t forget to check in this weekend with the fabulous Lea 😊

How are you feeling today? Are you looking forward to anything planned for the weekend? I’m still working on cycle training for my big goal this year which is to ride a 100 mile century. So my weekend plans involve me, Sasha the bike and praying for not too much rain. The 100 mile ride is scheduled for next month so fingers crossed next time y’all hear from me I’m sweaty and victorious!

Speaking of Sweat, that’s the program I’m on currently. I’m doing a fun Sweat/Flex combo which I highly recommend if you want a challenge with both weights and cardio. What’s your workout look like for today? Or are you planning to ease into the weekend with a rest day? Whatever your plans, remember to bring your best every single day. Because you deserve it.

Now for my favorite topic – food! What’s cooking today friends? We’ve signed up for a monthly fresh pasta delivery from a local shop and so tonight I’ll be chowing down on whatever pasta they send my way (YUM). I am shocked how different fresh pasta is from dried pasta. It has a totally different texture and cooking method. Either way, a big bowl of pasta carbs sounds amazing – and good fuel for my cycle training tomorrow.

Before I leave you all for the weekend, let’s chat about this picture! Following in the cool nature theme we’ve had this week, this is a photo from last year when we were lucky enough to travel to Slovenia. We absolutely fell in love with the country and found out that we like being outdoorsy! We hiked and kayaked and explored the National Park, all new things for us and all absolutely gorgeous and fun. I snapped this picture at the Tolmin Gorge.

Well friends that’s all from me. I hope you have a fabulous Friday and a lovely weekend. Remember to give yourself grace and love and thank your body for all it does for you. Until next time!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited