Daily Check-in: Thursday, August 13th

Good morning, Blender buddies! It's my turn to ghost and the best day of the week to boot - Friday Eve! Before I get into the "meat" of the check in, I wanted to pause and wish Shelly a very happy birthday! 🎂🥂🎉 She's been celebrating all week with her favorite workouts, but today is The Day. Shelly, I hope that you have a fantastic day and a satisfyingly sweaty #WorkoutComplete (and some yummy treats!).

Speaking of workouts, what's on the calendar for y'all today? Is it a freestyle routine, a day in Magda's Beast challenge, the start of a new program (or the end of one), an outdoor activity, rest day, or something else? For myself, it's day 11 of Blenderversary. It was originally intended to be HIIT + Abs, but I decided to lighten things up and swapped that for lighter cardio and the newest core-focused Pilates routine from FB+ instead, plus another Pilates routine I've not done that looked interesting. Should be fun!

As to yummy treats, what's on the menu for everyone today? Leftovers? An exciting new recipe? Or a tried and true favorite? I'm having pizza for dinner again. I've had them daily this entire week and haven't grown tired of them yet, so no use fixing what isn't broken.

Lastly, a bit of info about today's picture. While I'm an east coast girl at heart (the autumnal scenery of the mid-Atlantic and northeast is unparalleled), I absolutely adore the landscapes of the west coast. Nothing on the eastern side of the United States compares to the breathtaking mountains, forests, deserts and lush lakes that run from Washington state to California 😍 This particular photo was taken in California - Long Beach, to be precise. I was there about 4.5 years ago with some fellow members of my university's Moot Court team. We were strolling back to our hotel after enjoying dinner in town, and we paused to admire the sunset before ambling on. I was actually planning to visit a friend on the west coast this year and go roadtripping with my sister over the summer. Maybe next year. Or 2022. Or never 😂

I hope everyone has a great day! Looking forward to hearing from you 😊

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited