Daily Check-in: Wednesday, August 12th

Hello fellow blenders!

What a better way to start this smouldering, sweat-fest Wednesday than a nostalgic trip down memory lane.

We are in the middle of a heatwave here in England and let's just say us Brits are not built to cope with such heat. I can't think of any other nation that complains more about the weather than we do. How is the weather down your end of the world?

That beautiful sunrise is from a trip I made to Mount Sinai, in Egypt more than 10 years ago. The folly of youth led us to hike up a mountain for 3 hours in the hot desert all in the name of watching the sun rise above the mountains. The view that we were treated to made the hike worth the climb up worth it. So what acts of foolishness brings back those memories?

Back to the present, what workouts has you questioning your sanity? Is the heat getting too much for you? Does a double sweat fest sound like the perfect day? Maybe, a lazy day on the couch is what the doctor ordered?

For me it was UB strength with Daniel & a little EC with Kelli that had sweat pouring down. Not sure if that was from the lifting or the flat being too hot to work out in 😁

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/upper-body-strength-workout-guaranteed-muscle-burnout

EC

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/better-posture-workout-exercises-to-improve-posture-and-prevent-hunched-shoulders

Move on to my favourite part of the check-ins. Food, glorious food, marvellous food, wonderful food 😁What is sizzling on your plate today? Are you keeping it simple and sticking to those recipes where a cooker is not involved? Or maybe the heat is a perfect excuse to just keep something cold on hand?

Its been fun ghosting for the day, and looking forward to reading all your lovely posts.l Let's hear those complaints about the weather 😁 πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ˜‚

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***