A

Daily Check-in: Tuesday, August 11th

Good morning! How are you on this Tuesday? Anything bugging you? Anything out of the ordinary you'd like to share?

What is out of the ordinary that you have me ghosting today's check-in party. And if that isn't enough, today's bug picture might have given you some out of the ordinary phantom itchiness. A few might have asked themselves: "Why, Anne? You always share pics of cute little birdies or pretty butterflies, a nice sunset now and then, and when you're hosting, you're bringing us some creepy little insect? Really?"

But bear with me: it's Two for Tuesday and I'm not done yet. First things first, however. My picture might have gotten your heart rate up, so let's talk workouts. Any huffing and/or puffing going on at your place today? Or maybe you'd like to tell us about your rest days and recovery routines, nice and relaxed, a bit of yoga or pilates maybe. Some of you might be too busy to fit in even a short and sweet better than nothing workout, despite all the plans to earn that #workoutcomplete. What will it be for you, Blenders? To sweat or not to sweat, that's the question. I will be sweating but not working out. I completed my program last weekend and the only huffing and puffing going on here is because of the heatwave, which is doing a pretty nice job to squeeze me dry. No workout needed.

What I will do, is go to the market in a minute and buy some fresh strawberries - hopefully the sun hasn't cooked everything into jam by the time I arrive. I love strawberries on wholewheat bread, especially when it's hot like today. What are your plans for food on this Tuesday? Are you, like me, suffering from the heat and only craving fruits and salads (and ice cream), or will you be looking forward to a warm, wholesome winter meal today, especially after a hard workout that will leave you with an insatiable appetite?

I know one creature that will have an 'all you can eat' day this very Tuesday and that's that weird little insect on my picture. Actually, it isn't as weird as it might appear. I think everyone knows this one, except most of the time you take a closer look at one, it might look a bit more polished. This actually is a ladybug. Hard to tell, right, although the colours might have given it away. On the photo above, you see a larva that still needs to eat as much as possible. After all the eating, it finds a spot on a leaf or a tree, makes sure it won't fall off, and then the metamorphosis into a pupa can begin. That's right: a ladybug doesn't hatch as a tiny mini size ladybug that just needs to grow a bit. It takes some work to change into the nice and shiny version.

During these summer months, you can see two generations of ladybugs: the adult bugs and the larvae in different stages of development. On the collage in the reply, you'll see both the ladybug cocoon (upper) and a bug that just houdini-ed itself out of it, just like I'm peeling off my sweaty sports bra after a workout. At first, the wings are still transparent, but they will get hard and dry, and will receive their colour soon. The ladybug on the picture still has a few colourless soft rims around the wings, but other than that, it's the easy on the eye version of a ladybug everyone knows.

Well, if it isn't your workout, it must be all this bug talk that will make you want to run to your shower, and I won't keep you any longer. I hope you will have a good workout or a wonderful rest day, some great food and lots of other ingredients that make this Tuesday transform into a great one. I'm passing the ghosting baton to Nana, who will be your (g)host tomorrow!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited