Bodyweight R2 complete! -- One of my greatest achievements

After almost five months I can cautiously say I'm back at it again.

The whole pandemic situation kind of got the better of me. I had big things planned for my academic career this year, internships, research projects, moving to a foreign country for six months, all sorts of exciting and terrifying stuff. It all came to a halt and I let the whole situation get into my head. It was depressing. I faced study delays, but I could have found replacement projects had I really tried. But I didn't try. I didn't even try to try. I guess you could say I lost all hope and I stopped doing pretty much everything. I cannot really remember what it is that I've done these past few months, but it wasn't much.

But now I'm back at it again. :D

I finished Bodyweight R2 a couple of days ago. I rescheduled every work out so that it was every other day I (gave me some extra time to recover, I did not want to over do it). I was a bit afraid to check in, because I did Low impact R2 some months ago and I just quit half way through. I wasn't in the right mindset for it, I guess. But when I started doing Bodyweight every other day it became more manageable, I slowly built a habit, I started looking forward to the next work outs (even the hard ones) and -- I still cannot really believe it -- I completed the whole program. :D

I feel much more energetic. My physique didn't really change (I actually gained a lot of weight due to boredom eating. They say abs are made in the kitchen, but so are peanut butter sandwiches :P), but I definitely feel healthier and... happier. I only realize it now that I write it down. I've been feeling discouraged for so long, but now at times I'm feeling content. And ((gasp)) maybe even proud of myself.

I spent the rest of the day working through the 'Science of well-being" coursera course, which gives you all of the science behind being happy. It feels good to have something to do and to have the motivation to actually do it. In one lecture of the course they told that exercise has been shown to be one of the best ways to increase feelings of happiness. Well, I can confirm. :P

I started with Low impact again this morning and I'm planning on following the regular schedule as much as possible.

That's my incoherent ramble. Be kind to yourself.

~ A 🌱