I'm not a big fan of cooked oatmeal porridge, but for the past year I've been making myself this super-easy and healthy breakfast (that's kind of like a porridge), and I wanted to share it with those who maybe aren't familiar with it. I always prepare it the night before, store it in the fridge overnight and take it along to work.
The beauty of this meal is that you can add ingredients based on your own preferences (I usually add fruits, chia seeds, etc.) so I'm going to share only the basic recipe in all its simplicity.
The units are in deciliters, but you can still work out the ratio pretty easily, as it's a super simple recipe. 1 deciliter is about 0.4 US cup.
You're going to need:
- A mason jar (or basically any jar with a lid) big enough to store the ingredients
- 1.5 deciliters uncooked dry oats
- 1.5 deciliters milk (or a milk alternative of your choice)
- 1 deciliter low-fat plain yogurt
1. Blend everything together in a jar. Add fruits plus other add-ins according to your liking.
2. Store the jar in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.