HKS (Healthy, Kind and Support) Accountability Group July 27

Heya sweet folks,

How's the Monday morning treating y'all? ๐Ÿ™‚ I realised this morning that it's me who's hosting this week. I guess I'll dedicate this week to ourselves, on self-reflection and to getting to know our FB family a little bit more ๐Ÿ™‚

I picked a quote from my daily cahier (notebook): 'There is no easy success, nor definitive failures' ~ Marcel Proust

Why this quote? I wanted to share with you a life-turning event for me. I used to be some who's always super confident (borderline more than needed at times). But it all changed. About 7 years ago I moved to London to do my Masters at a very reputed school. I was elated and overwhelmed, leaving my country for the first time. After Masters, I left, stayed at my parents place for over 10 months, trying to find a job. All my extended family members started questioning how come someone who's always been 'successful' fail to get a job despite good education (and a lot of money spent). You know these 10 months were a gift to me, for my life. While I found few jobs, I think I had to be brave enough to not take something I didn't love. This is when I took a pause and reflected what I've been doing in my life and what I wanted to do ahead. Until then it was just impatiently putting one step ahead of another. I had previously done two other Masters and only now I had started to feel grateful for every little experience I had in my life. This is when I integrated gratitude in my daily being. Eventually, just by accident, I found an opportunity to do research in a field I absolutely love, healthcare and management. But not a day goes by when I'm not grateful for where I am, doing what I do ๐Ÿ™‚ I sometimes thank myself a bit for not having given up ๐Ÿ™‚ So that's the stage I look back to when I need a little 'you've got this' to myself. I like this me better ๐Ÿ™‚

So, tell me when do you feel/felt proud of yourself? Or how have you changed over the years? What's your 'I've got this' version?

As for workouts, I started week 2 of Pulse challenge. There were several interruptions to my video today, but รงa va ๐Ÿ™‚

Off to make a presentation, but will keep popping by to check your stories. Here's wishing a good week to you all ๐Ÿ™‚

P. S. Anyone is free to check in, either just sometimes or daily, however you'd like to! If there are any lurkers, we'd love to hear from you too ๐Ÿค—