Weekend Guest Host Check-in: Saturday, July 25th

Happy Saturday, Blenders! I opened up the FB Community page this morning looking for the weekend check-in...and then I remembered that I was responsible for writing it! Apparently one cup of coffee is not enough this morning!

So it’s Saturday which, for many of us is a day off of some sorts. What’s on the schedule for today? Workout or otherwise? I’m supposed to do a strength routine, but I’m just kinda tired today. We’ll see how I feel after more coffee! Other than that, I’m taking my son to his fencing lesson (they wear masks, do temperature checks, distance, etc.), but that’s about it.

What about food? We gotta eat, whether we’re resting or sweating! I’m making pork carnitas tonight! Pork shoulder slow-braised in broth, citrus, and spices. My mom’s husband made it and said it’s amazing, and that man can COOK! Hopefully mine turns out!

One final question before I go have that second cup: What’s something that is bringing you joy lately? It’s a tough time for all of us in some way or another, but sometimes zooming in to look at the little things that bring a smile to our lips- even if only for a moment- can help. For me, one of the things that’s bringing me joy is my garden- pictured is an okra blossom. I had no idea that okra plants produced such gorgeous flowers!

Okay folks, hubby is making my second cup for me; I hear the coffee dripping into my mug, and as much as I love you all, well...coffee calls! 🥰😘☕️ (And I do love you all). Have a wonderful day!

***As always, anyone is welcome to these check-ins, whether you just want to read or respond! No prerequisites, just join in!***

Edited