Daily Check-in: Monday, July 20th

Hey there and hello again, FB Fam. How went all things weekend for you? Mine was busy, but not too bad! So I guess I'm ready for Monday. Like Monday is ever totally optional. Feels better when there is a choice, right?

Speaking of choices, what workout and food of choice is happening today? Could be spicy or sweaty. Cold or relaxing. Refreshing or tough? I'm talking all the textures of your day. Workouts and food go hand in hand so with that said I'm starting week two of the beginner challenge and possibly looking at a sweet and sour pork for dinner. I'm sort of refocusing (again) my food choices this week. Or really my drink choices. I've had way too many sugary drinks and feeling not so great as a result. So that's kinda where I'm at. What about you?

Also, I'm not feeling all that creative today, but that's okay; I'm just going to let this Pinecone Ginger do all the talking and speak for itself. It would probably say something along the lines of, "I smell good and look amazingly alien, but I'm not out of this world. So I'm totally obtainable." And sure, it might be easily transplantable with a small piece of its rhizome, and look really neat with its tight pinecone formation that is actually a tight cluster of bracts from which the plant’s white flowers (see pic) come out. And never mind the interesting fact that it oozes a crystal clear liquid (also seen in pic) that smells delicately fragrant and can be used like shampoo, hence it's other name, Shampoo Ginger. And just in case you didn't like that name, I'm sure this plant wouldn't mind going by its Hawaiian name, Awapuhi.. Yep, this plant has a lot going on.

So. Happy Monday or not, you ready for it? I guess the only way to find out is to dive right in. But don't worry about diving the wrong or right way. No one is judging here.

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***