Carrot Zucchini Soup

So I had some zucchini that was going to go bad and decided to do a "fridge dump" dinner last night...and oh my it was so delicious! I'm actually going to add it to my usual meal plan rotation. I made a Carrot Zucchini soup - luckily I always jot down what I'm using and the amount when I'm experimenting, just in case it turns out like this one.

1 tbsp olive oil

1 yellow onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced

1 lb zucchini, unpeeled and sliced

1 tbsp curry powder

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp smoked paprika

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

3 1/2 cups of vegetable broth

- Heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering, then add the onions and cook until translucent (about 4 minutes on my stove)

- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant

- Add the curry powder, cumin, and smoked paprika and "toast" for about 1 minute, stirring constantly so the spices don't burn. Add the carrot, zucchini, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Put a lid on the pot and cook for about 5 minutes until the veggies start to soften.

- Add the broth and lower the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.

- Remove the pot from the heat and let cool for a few minutes. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth - you might need to do a couple of batches.

I had this with homemade crusty bread and an arugula salad, but I bet it would be AMAZING with a grilled cheese sandwich!

Edited