s
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Yuck! I won’t do that again!

I have an early start to my work day, so I’ve taken to preparing not only my lunches, but my breakfasts ahead of time so I can just pop them into my lunchbox and head to work. Well, this morning on my way into work I realized I forgot to pack my breakfast. My normal breakfast consists of berries, plain yogurt, and toasted nuts like walnuts. I keep granola on hand at work to sprinkle on top. Yum. This morning when I realized what I had done, I saw one of those national burger chains that sells vegetarian burgers. So I stopped there. Now, I kinda like their veggie burgers, very occasionally. Not often, but while traveling they’re an acceptable option. The cashier pointed out they have impossible croissants, so I opted for that. Ewe! Yuck! Too greasy! Too salty! And it came with these weird little disks that I think might have been some kind of potato type product, but tasted mostly like greasy salt with a little paper thrown in for texture.

This is a long, sad story to point out that healthy food can sure taste oh so much better than junk food! Really! It does!