Weekend Ghost Check-in: Sunday July 12

Hello Blenders! Now that the weekend is nearly over (it's Sunday evening here in cold, cold Melbourne), I have a confession to make.

While I quite like them, I have no pets and no plans to get any. While I quite like to look at them, I know nothing about plants and can't grow anything to save myself. And photography? My limit is taking lousy photos of my kids being cute.

I know, I know, I really don't belong here. But you're stuck with me, because I love crazy push up and brutal HIIT workouts!

Apart from that, what I'm really interested in is children - specifically their development. I have children of my own, I work with children, and my study is related to children. So let's talk about children and fitness!

Tell me about you, Blender. Think back to when you were a child. What was your attitude to sport and exercise? Did you play sports or do physical activities? Did you enjoy PE at school or were you the kid who stood somewhere beyond first base and hoped the ball never came anywhere near you?

Now, I did all sorts of activities and sports when I was young: ballet and other styles of dance, gymnastics, soccer, netball, tennis... and when we got to pick a sport to play at school, I loved it. But PE? I hated it! We always seemed to be playing sports that aren't big in Australia - T-ball/softball, basketball, etc. Oh and swimming. I could swim fine, but hated going back to school after, slightly damp and skin all dried out from the chlorine. Ugh. And I hated fitness tests with a passion because I couldn't do a single sit up without someone holding my feet.

(I can now, by the way. Thanks, Kelli and Daniel!!!! Of course, now I no longer need to.)

If you can remember what you did as a child, surely you can remember what exercise you did today, or what you have planned for later. Is it a lazy Sunday afternoon, or an active day? Will you get outside to enjoy some fresh air, or hang out with your PowerBlocks in your workout space?

I've just done some Tank Top Arms with Kelli and am about to add in some push ups with Daniel - a great combo! - which finishes off week 3 of Sweat. (Only slightly out of order...)

And meals? It's probably not dinner time yet, so have you made plans, or will it just be whatever your can find in the pantry and fridge? I had... Let me find the correct recipe name... Eggplant Steaks with Beef and Hummus, which we all agreed was delicious except we'd prefer zucchini to eggplant.

And that brings us to the end of this weekend's ghosting, apart from Kim's disclaimer below. Thank you for having me! See you next time!

👻

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***