Double happy news!!

So a few of you may have remembered my post from a few months ago about how my cat ran away during the lockdown. WELL. Long story short...we got her back!! About three weeks ago, I got a phone call from the vet down in the village saying they thought they had our cat, as our details came up, upon scanning her for a microchip. Lo and behold, it was indeed our little ratbag! Looking slightly worse for wear, I must say. A woman had been feeding her on her farm about a mile away from our house. Suffice to say she was VERY happy to be home! We were shocked but also ecstatic to hear that she was alive and well.

There was only one problem...we had just applied to adopt a retired racing greyhound!

All's well that ends well, however, as my mum was more than happy to take our Sasha back to live with her (where we had previously lived, and the home she knows best). She is now safely ensconced in the bosom of my mother XD

Then on Saturday we got the call about our doggo....talk about It all happening at once!

As of yesterday, we are now the proud parents of long boi, Wolfgang! He is a 5 year old ex-racer who had his last race in February this year. He is an absolute delight and we are looking forward to many more years with him. We are overjoyed in the knowledge that our cat made a safe return (after what was surely a harrowing ordeal!) and that we have given a retired racing dog a warm, loving home to spend the rest of his days. Here he is, snoozing on his caterpillar.

Show me pictures of your pets, blender family!