Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

How to measure your daily steps?

Hey guys!

In the last month, my courses in university became completely digital. The exercise classes I used to take are cancelled, but I am doing fb programs/ workouts, with ups and downs, but on average about 3 times per week.

I feel very low energy, which leeds to sleeping more, which leeds to feeling more tired. I am a healthy 26 year old female, definetly in the normal range of bmi and rather petite.

With what I have been reading, I think I would greatly benefit from walking more, taking more walking breaks in between sitting and lying down. As I am easily motivated by data, or accountability (love the fb checkmarks :D), I want to measure my steps and set goals to take frequent breaks during the day to move around.

Now to my question: How do you measure your steps? Only with your phone? Do you have an extra device? As I am not carrying my phone in my pocket all the time, using it to track my steps doesn't make so much sense.

Do you use or know of a well working (and maybe not too expensive) device to measure steps?

Thank you!