S

Irregular/Late Periods

Hi, this has been on my mind for a little while, and I just need some advice on what I should do about it.

I had to gain around 30 pounds until I finally got my period back in March after having hypothalamic amenorrhea (HA) for a year. I stuck to going on walks and pilates/stretching workouts while I waited for my period to finally come back, and I ate more food obviously. I was bigger and I lost some of my strength and endurance. I've slowly added strength training since then to return to my fitness level before HA, but while keeping the same weight (I did FB Strong). In April, I got my period again in 30 days- about a normal cycle length. After my second period came, I started to add a bit more cardio and bike rides slowly. I also did a few HIIT workouts towards the end of the month. My period did come, but it took 42 days for it to return.

Now, I'm pretty much at the same fitness level I was before HA, but lost a few pounds since March (I still eat the same, I've just added more exercise). It's been 2 weeks past when my period was supposed to come, but there's been no signs and I'm starting to wonder if I should cut back on the exercise again or just wait and see. I kind of feel reluctant to cut back on the exercise again, because I don't want to lose my progress for a second time, but I do care about my health more than my size.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts? Anything would help :)