HKS accountability group july 7th

I've just finished day 2 of the Blue Ribbon Challenge: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/lower-body-strength-and-endurance-challenge-beginner-or-advanced-lower-body-workout I added ankle weight and weight to the lunges and squats. I think tomorrow I will be sore all over, because this morning I could already feel my arms from yesterdays workout (and musclesoreness normally kicks in on day 2 for me, so if it starts on day 1, I know day 2 will be crazy..)

After my shower I am going to have the chiaseed vanilla "pudding" , taken from the mealplan, for breakfast. I've never had chiaseed pudding before, so I hope it is good. And otherwise I will just have something else, because I refuse to eat food that does not taste nice.

The thought for today is one I keep in mind with my adult clients (voice problems, swallowing disorders, Parkinsons disease):

When we start to accept our shortcomings and/or our handicaps, we can learn to work with them, instead of fighting against them.

This is why I love my Iyengar Yoga class. We work with props. So eventhough I am not very flexible, I can get into the posture and feel what it is supposed to do. Making it less frustrating and much more effective. And by doing so, I need props less and less..

Have a great day everyone!