I can do plyometrics again after suffering for years from my herniated discs!

About 3 years back I herniated my L5/S1 vertebrae deadlifting. I went through months of recovery (about 6). After my sciatica ceased I decide to attempt working out again but even the slightest of squats, Russian twists..anything that compressed the back would send me back into months of sciatica. There was no more HIIT in my life, no more plyometrics or jogging..nothing. I went through this off and on for about a year and then finally gave up. Oh boy..the depression that came with it was awful. I went from fairly ripped to soft and flabby.

I’d go back to the gym for a few weeks, fall off the wagon..etc. I’d do firnessblender work outs at the gym and honestly thought I needed the gym to help me stay committed but it didn’t work. People always wanted to chat, I’d get distracted & blow my time there.

When the quarantine began a girlfriend of mine said that people were going to come out of this a monk, a hunk, a chunk or a drunk. That was motivation enough for me to get back on it. I got a Rogue echo bike for low impact HIIT and start doing Pilates with fitness blender 4-5 times a week. What a god send! After my second month I decided to test some squats and body weight dead lifts..no sciatica!!!! There was some tightness but nothing unbearable. I started adding weights to my squats and have slowly been increasing. I’ve now completed some intense HIIT with JUMP SQUATS !!! Ahhh!! I’m thrilled! I honestly never thought I’d be able to do these again. I’ve been very, very mindful of my back. I’m not going to push it..just ease into it. I’ve been slowly adding weights to my deadlifts too. I honestly LOVE strength training so I’m excited to really get into it again. Here’s a picture of me when I was really lifting hard using Fitness Blender. My goal is to get here once again but we’ll see..maybe some day!