Daily Check-in: Monday, July 6th

Hello everybody! Hello! Hello everybody! Coming in like Aunt Bethany from the film, Christmas Vacation. That's all the Christmas mention I'm going to make, I swear. Because as we are in July, I'd much rather talk about Halloween. More specifically this Halloween Pennant Dragonfly pictured up there. They are seen year round here in Florida, like to hang out in aquatic areas, and are just one of the many kinds of dragonflies flying all over the place. Which is a good thing because when it comes to mosquito control, I need all the help I can get.

Now on to more check-in stuff. I know I went pretty much radio silent and hibernated hard for the ENTIRE week and weekend, but I promise I won't be such a light switch going off and on like that. Kim did her classically amazing checkims this past week (I may or may not have lurked just a teensy bit) but I mostly just got carried away with that break word and took it to heart.

But filled with a renewed energy, I'm back for the week, ready to host and post and thank the most recent ghost. Thank you, Storm!

I also missed reading and talking to you guys, so tell me; how you are doing? Give me the feels report! I'm feeling pretty good for the most part and I hope you are to! Of course, if you're not; that's okay as well. Down days, up days, sideways and moods from all angles are welcome. Doesn't matter who you are. You all and anyone here is welcome to come on and join us here at the daily check-ins. Speaking of which, I will be continuing that note Kim made throughout the week. New people are always passing through and might just not have a clue what this is all about. So it will be known that this is always a free and safe spot to chat about whatevers and that fitness life that we like and try to do.

Which means we need to get right to it! Starting with workouts! Or food! Sometimes my day starts with a workout, other times with food depending on time constraints. Which order do you prefer? I find on an empty stomach I think I can HIIT better, but other than that, I don't really notice. Except often if I don't eat first, food is big time on the mind..Or who am I kidding? I'm always thinking about food. I've eaten quite the many meals in my mind. So from your head to table, what will be your food today? I got in a good shopping haul over the weekend so I'll just have to figure out how to mash some real food together and call it a dinner!

I guess since that paragraph ended up going edible, let's go to the workouts! Or rest if that's your game today. I'm going into week 2 of the June Strong Plus challenge and so far I have really really enjoyed this one! It might be my most favorite Plus challenge yet. And today's workout being no exception as it will be a choice between two lower body routines that I absolutely adore. I might go with the one with a little HIIT as I do enjoy a dash of HIIT with my strength.. But what are you doing today? Lots of options between programs, challenges of the Plus and Community kind, or independently scheduled videos. Just whatever you're doing, good luck and enjoy that movement!

Alright, still with me, Fam? I know I kicked the rambling into high gear, but with that fresh new week smell, let's set sights on our possible goals (new and continuing) and accomplish things both big and small! And I'm sure there's a medium size in there as well.

But hopefully and importantly, have the best day you can!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***