Active rest day.... oops more active than rest, but pretty spectacular views!

When we were looking for a nice, easy hike to do on our active rest day, we choose what was described by our book of walks as “7 miles, nicely undulating, one fairly steep climb on the return leg”..... well that turned out to be slightly more! 16k, 25.000+ steps and 119 floors, according to my phone! And we didn’t take any wrong turns or a detour...

So it was definitely more active than rest day but WOW was it amazing! The views were really spectacular!! Any coastal walk around the Jurassic Coast is, but today seemed even better than any of the walks we have done before! My photos don’t really capture the beauty of it.

BTW it is called Jurassic Coast, because it spans 185 million years of geological history, coastal erosion having exposed an almost continuous sequence of rock formation covering the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous periods. It is a World Heritage Site.... and this bit of it is only 45 mins drive from my house! Fancy lying there with your book on your knees and a view like that! Definitely a “happy place“ for me.

#feelingveryblessed

#lovewhereilive

#enikwoonhier

Edited