Daily Check-in: Friday, July 3rd

Hello Blenders! And welcome to the *almost* weekend!

How're you all doing today? Ready for your weekend?

For some us in the U.S. it's a holiday weekend, and some of you may have an extra day off (we don't here, unfortunately). I hope if you do, you enjoy the extra rest, and celebrate safely!

You'll also be checking in with the wonderful Storm this weekend too! Thank you so much for volunteering, Storm! It's really thoughtful of you, and I really appreciate it! Just so ya'll know--the check-ins will be posted a bit later, as Storm is on Pacific Time. No worries about that one bit! Then following the week, you'll be back with the fantastic Miss Raven!

Now without further ado, though: I'd like to address today's Random Pic, and introduce you all to Strawberry Toad. Strawberry Toad is an American Toad who lives in my strawberry plants. It's a good relationship, as he has a nice safe spot to nest/sleep, and my strawberries are protected from bugs (caz he eats 'em all). Anyway, yesterday Strawberry Toad was not in his usual strawberry nest, but rather sitting on the porch, looking kind of forlorn.

I sat with him for awhile, trying to figure out what's going on with Strawberry Toad. Has it been a long week for you too, Strawberry Toad? Are you too warm? Maybe regretting those last 10 beetles you ate (been there)? Or maybe a deeper, more substantial existential crisis?

Either way, I get you, Strawberry Toad.

He's kind of a whole mood. Like, after this week, I'm feeling rather Strawberry Toad-ish myself.

Think I'll go have a good sit on the porch about it too.

Anywho, Strawberry-Toad-mood aside, we've still gotta get through today: so let's do this!

Let's start with some workouts, shall we? What's on the workout menu for today, Blenders? Anything fun? Something you're looking forward to?

I kinda am. It's a full core intensive workout day for me. I'm finding I'm enjoying core work a lot more than I used to. It's challenging! And you can't really mentally tap out of abdominal exercises, because keeping constant good form is key to getting results from them--so if you daydream away (like I do usually) during the moves, you're not gonna get the benefits. So I like that they keep me grounded in addition to being physically challenging.

Now let's talk a bit about what's on the food menu for today, Blenders? Something good to look forward to here too?

I got watermelon--and that's about as far as I've gotten. I absolutely love watermelon (as do my Furry Trainers), so that's totally fine by me. I would eat watermelon all day, every day. So definitely looking forward to that!

Alright FB Fam. That's enough from me for the week! Thank you all for checking in with me all this week, I really appreciate you!

Please take care of yourselves, and try to find some fun in whatever you do!

And if you're celebrating this weekend---please do so responsibly! Watch out for your Furry Trainers too--as this tends to be a very scary time for them. Give them a safe place that's cool and calm to be in when those fireworks start going off.

Ok, for real now, me and my Strawberry-Toad-ishness are off! We'll see ya'll again in two weeks!

Have a great weekend FB Fam, and I'll catch ya'll on the flip side!

Buh-bye!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited