E
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Do I have to eat more carbs?

Hi guys!

So I've been trying a macro tracking app, following the advice given to me on another discussion, and I realise that I eat only around 40% of carbs each day. I stopped eating processed sugar a few years ago and I have a gluten free diet. Sooo my question is: do I absolutely have to eat more carbs? And if so, how can I bump up my carb consumption? I really struggle to include more carbs in my diet. I eat rice almost every day, as well as fruits, vegetables, legumes, dark chocolate (my only exception to my sugar free diet), nuts and seeds, yogurt, chease, fish and really rarely some meat. I eat rather clean, except for the occasional chips and red wine/gin and tonic/glass of champagne when there's a celebration of some kind.

Last week, on average, my macros looked like this:

Carbs: 39%; Fat: 43%; Protein: 18%.

This week, my average numbers are:

Carbs: 40%; Fat: 42%; Protein: 18%.

I don't use butter or cream, eat cheese and yogurt 2 to 4 times a week in recommended portions, and cook mostly with olive oil. I eat my salads with one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. I guess I'm trying to say that I feel like I don't eat "bad fat" (again, except for the occasional chips) on a typical day, so I don't know how to balance everything out. Please help!