S

Mind over matter!

Hello all hope you having a good weekend.

So today I had this;

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/day-3-5-day-workout-challenge-to-burn-fat-and-build-lean-muscle-hiit-cardio-and-abs

All 52 minutes of it. Gulp.

Was having a lazy morning, had a lie in, got the papers and a nice coffee. I read through the workout as I always do and I have to say I was seriously considering swapping it out. It just seemed so tough and long and just something I would not be able to finish.

But then I read an interview in the paper talking about mind over matter. The interviewee was an ex solider and was talking about how 'our minds can give up before our bodies' and how you can learn to change that. Obviously meant to apply to extreme circumstances but it really struck a cord with me. Why was I assuming I wouldn't be able to do it? If I didn't try I would never know.

So, it was not pretty! and I had to take 2 extra mirco breaks (once to get more water) but I made it all the way through. Made my customary personal knee friendly modifications but I did it. Felt beyond amazing! So, mind over matter, mind over HIIT!