Burpee victory

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you a little burpee epiphany I had this weekend.

Yesterday I did a 15-minute HIIT workout "with" Daniel; I had never done one of his HIIT videos, only Kelli's (about 6 different ones). I counted how many reps Daniel did in 20 seconds with the burpees: I counted 8, and I do 6 at the moment. Considering my amazement at the speed with which Daniel did the exercises, I was actually pretty pleased with my own pace.

I also realized a while ago that, even though I still find them hard and still can't seem to kick my legs back without pausing a little bit, I have come a long way with burpees. Years ago, before I discovered Fitnessblender and tore out workouts from fitness magazines, I did a workout for runners which featured a burpee, but I couldn't manage kicking both my legs back simultaneously. I had to kick back one leg, then the other; I was only able to jump forward but not back.

I don't do as many burpees as I do jumping jacks or squats, but apparently doing HIIT (and there are burpee variations in some other workouts too, I've noticed) has helped!

I'm a big perfectionist so I'm not easily pleased and tend to not notice improvements or take them for granted, so this was a revelation to me.

Hope you have a nice day/workout, and maybe my short story will help other perfectionists to stop a minute and think of the things they have achieved recently (or maybe longer ago).