Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Quarantine Blues

Hi everyone,

I'm Sarah. 36 years old. Have been working hard for a long time on my weight and overall being more fit. Before Covid hit, I'd lost 20 lbs by working out to Fitness Blender, going mostly low-carb (I find that type of eating does better for me) and not to mention, I had a job in which for 5 hours a day, I would be lifting heavy items in a stock room, and walking a half mile from my car to work and vice versa. This was 4-5 days a week. Since quarantine, I've still worked out almost every single day for over 3 months. My problem is, I've still managed to gain weight. I think it's because I can't be as active on a normal basis like I used to. I try so hard to do extra walks, and even indoor walks when it's too hot outside. I'm not averaging the amount of steps per day as I used to. I don't know what to do anymore! I've gained back enough weight to feel like I'm totally out of shape again, and my self-esteem has unfortunately gone way down. Should I be doing more cardio? Strength? Walks? What can I do to start losing fat again? Thanks so much, I love Fitness Blender and all its done for me!