Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

5 Day Challenge Ramblings

Hello Beautiful people! How are you all doing today? How's everyone holding up?

I took it really easy last week in the activity department, sticking to just Pilates, stretching & playing in my veggie garden. Then four days ago I tackled Day 1 from the 5 day challenge on FB Plus. For the HIIT section, I did about 20% of the high-impact version (exciting!) and then for the rest of the HIIT exercises, kept it low impact and added a resistance band.

^On that note; I love that it takes just the tiniest of modifications to change the entire concept of an exercise or workout. That’s what I do when I follow along with my own workout videos. It’s fun to change something really small or add in a different kind of challenge following the same loose structure of the video. It helps me make sure I’m covering all my bases in terms of general muscle balance and well roundedness but also allows for easy (& responsible/safe), spontaneous creativity which is fun.

I was excited because I found that there were exercises in Day 1 that I was able to do with weights this time around, whereas in the video I was only using my own bodyweight.

Yesterday I did Day 2. My neck and shoulders have been stiff because of the way I’m sleeping (turning into a pretzel 🥨 in the middle of the night 🤦‍♀️). My trick that almost always helps me out in this situation is an upper body workout with either very very light weights or none at all. It helps almost instantly, and thankfully it didn’t fail me yesterday.

I just finished Day 3. The pic is from after my workout today - messy hair, no makeup (this is almost always true 😝), sweaty, and content. I modified the HIIT portion again for a combo of low impact mods and added resistance bands (with bad dancing in between each interval to keep the spirits up). I didn't sleep much at all last night so I didn't feel like pushing terribly hard today. I did what I could and I'm glad that I showed up.

My workout times had become a bit erratic over the past few years but after about a week or two of going back to morning workouts, I think I'm going to stick with them from now on. They're my old standby & I really think it works best for me.

I didn’t set out to do the 5 day challenge. I kind of fell into it and I’m grateful for that. It’s good to have an energy pick me up - I’ve been feeling low, overwhelmed and stressed, with everything that’s going on. I’ve seen other people talking about it here, too; please know you’re not alone 💙💙 Hang in there and take care of yourself the best you can.

This is a lot longer than I meant to ramble, so thanks if you've made it this far. Daniel and I have a couple of meetings and then I’m going to go ditch my laptop and cell phone and go weed our veggie garden - sounds like a chore but caring for plants, and allowing myself to be fascinated by them, helps a lot with stress. I hope you all do something nice for your mind & body today, too.

Happy Friday & happy workout complete to you, my lovely long distance, virtual workout buddies.

Kelli

Edited