Post workout meal + FBAbs Round 2 + Health/Fitness Instagrams?

Hello! Long time blender here (think 2013) but don't think I've posted before 😅

I started FB Abs - Round 2 this past Monday and man has it been fun! Shoutout to Druhi, my program buddy on the other side of the globe :)

Wanted to share my post workout meal/dinner from the first day - pasta with some broccoli and bell pepper + a chocolate protein smoothie! An odd combination, but it was bomb 🤩 what I put in my smoothie at the bottom of the post :) A great way to refuel after doing an intense, but fun hiit workout the first day!

That workout left my legs sore for days, so much so that even though the next 2 days were upper and core focused, I had to take a rest day today and reschedule today's brutal HIIT/lower strength routine to tomorrow. I didn't want to overwork already sore muscles/overtrain/kind of half-ass it? And I know it's totally fine to just pick back up tomorrow, but do you guys do this ever due to soreness? I know I've lost some strength and had been feeling weak so thought this was would be the perfect program, and I truly have enjoyed the first 3 days so far, but wondering if my extended soreness is a sign of lack of protein in my diet (for muscle recovery) or just my body getting used to HIIT again since I haven't done HIIT in a month I think. I do look forward to a sweat sesh though so excited to get back into it tmrw. 😊

In my smoothie -

1 banana,

cacao powder (I eyeball it but usually a heaping tsp)

1 tbsp almond butter,

a scoop of chocolate protein powder,

and some coconut milk! Probably about 3/4 cup.

I also posted this on my healthy food instagram on @thrivingandhealthy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBmyQfZHAhl/?igshid=9j7yhw4bt6b0

I've been loving finding fellow blenders on IG recently and wondering if any of you have health/fitness accounts? I'd love to follow you all, please let me know your handles below if you want! :)

Edited