June Strong Plus Challenge - Day 3 Complete! (Check-In)

Hello there Blender Peeps!

Let me start off by saying I'm pretty disappointed with myself because I don't work my core as much I should. I do engage it in many workouts I do but in terms of doing core routines themselves I just don't do enough. I don't know why either I used to do so much every other day and yet that stopped. I am trying to change that though. Every other day I'm going to try to do a short core routine or a longer core routine depending on soreness. Hopefully that'll help me. If anyone else has any advice on how to keep working my core by all means all suggestions are welcome.

Also, another problem I have is that for some reason when I do crunches I engage my core and everything and I say I'm making little progress but it's still something right? For some reason when I go up in a crunch my stomach sticks out even though I'm doing what I can to keep it down. I don't know what I'm not doing if I'm doing something wrong but I'm trying and it is honestly pretty frustrating. Any advice on this too? I just wanted to put that out there and get some help to improve my core and make it stronger and learn how to keep in when crunching.

Anyway, this workout killed my core and I did modify because obviously it is clearly not that strong but like I said I am trying my best. I will get better and I know it will take time too so I'm not going to beat myself up about it or anything. That will lessen my progress if anything. Let that be a lesson to anyone else feeling frustrated. Don't beat yourself, help yourself do better and improve. The time you spend being upset about it you could be slowly but surely improving the issue. I know easier said than done but believe me it is worth it.

I keep getting off topic. I did enjoy this workout I really did. Although does anyone know a substitute exercise for Side Hip Raises? I can't do the harder version because well I'm not strong enough (my core) and my ankles can't handle it. The modification is too much too because my knees hurt and my elbows start to hurt as well. If there is a substitute I could really use it if not then I'll just not do them when they come up.

Sorry about this post. It was mainly me being bothered about my core and I know a lot of people suffer with that too but like I said I'm working on it and trying to get some advice to improve it. Thank you in advance! Have a Blessed day guys!

Edited