June Strong Plus Challenge - Day 1 Complete! (Check-In)

Hey there Blender Peeps,

I was finally able to begin the June Plus challenge after a while. I wanted to start it around the beginning of June but I had my week off and then after that I was having some joint pains. On top of that was not feeling up to it and felt weak and tired so I decided to some stretching and shorter low impact routines. At least I was moving so I was happy.

So today was lower body as I am sure you all know and lower body workouts are pretty difficult for me to do because of my pains in my ankles and knees for those who don't know so my range of motion and usual weights I use decrease IMMENSELY. Either way I feel like I still get a good workout because I still focus my muscles and get a good burn. The descending reps style was pretty cool. I personally prefer the descending reps style with upper body moves. What about you guys? Lower body is cool too but I think I'm being biased because I never really do it for lower body because I was not aware they had videos like that.

Something I've noticed too and I really don't get why is that sometimes (it's not as bad as it used to be kind of) I have a hard time feeling the moves in my left glute. My right glute is way more lifted than my left not by too much but it is. In my left glute where the hamstring meets the glute it's like some I guess "meat" there that I feel should be helping lift or in my glute but it's just there. I don't think that makes sense but that's the best way I can explain it. I've been working on trying to even them out but for some reason it's still like that. I am slowly making progress but it is frustrating when I look in the mirror to see how I'm doing and my left glute kind of looks a little smaller and a little less lifted than my right. Have you guys had this problem? How did you fix it? With single leg exercises I always start on my left and see if that helps and I think it does because like I said it's better but not where I want it to be yet.

Have a Blessed and safe day guys! 😊

Edited