Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Need help on self-discipline

Hey there... I wish I could go back in time, you know?

I haven't really maintained my fitness goals for this year, nor the last year really.

Life has been streassful, as it is for many. I have been dealing with loss of family members, change of job, moved to new address, and continue to struggle with my depression.

I had an emotional breakdown this morning after weighting myself. I currently am at my most heaviest: a jaw-dropping 197 lbs. I am only 28 years old and this brought so much disgust and anger onto myself I couldn't help but break down into tears. I wasn't always like this. I used to weight a moderate 140 pounds five years ago.

I am pretty sure I've gain a majority over the last couple of months due to my job placed into a halt (thanks, Covid-19).

I guess I am looking for tips to be more assertive with my life changes. I know the many do's and don't (such as stop intaking sugary drinks, snack on fruit and/or veggies instead of simple carbs, etc.) but I have always lacked self-discipline.

I am currently am following a Fitnessblender routine (FB 30 program). As much as I hate to bring my mental illness as a clutch, I can't help but feel low energy, unmotivated and simply unfit all the time. I find myself saying, "I'll do it tomorrow," on scheduled fitness videos. I am on week four of the program, but I only managed to do (successfully) half of the suggested weekly routines.

Anyway, this thread is sorely on the purpose of calling myself out. Mirror pep-talks aren't just enough anymore. As much as I try not to mentailly punish myself, it's hard not to.

I do apologize if I caused you discomfort with my personal issues.

-Nina