Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Fried by French fries

French fries are my ultimate cheat food. I used to eat them a lot and maybe it's partly a psychological thing because my dad used to not let me eat all of them. My mother also ate them frequently when she was pregnant with me and said that that was all she craved. Every time I eat French fries I seem to lose control over my cravings. I don't binge, nor do I do this with other foods. but this seems to be my Achilles heel. I don't cram them all into my face at once, but it's that "...just one more" mindset that proves to be my downfall. I have improved my diet and stopped eating white rice, white bread, candy, etc (I stopped craving them) but fries seem to haunt me in my dreams. For someone of my age and gender, I eat a lot, but I wouldn't say my portions are ridiculously large. Even when I eat healthier versions (homemade, sweet potato, etc) I seem to lose all self-control. I don't eat them very often, mostly when we order takeout or go to restaurants. My mother is also the one cooking for me so I don't totally control what I eat. Lately I have been craving certain foods, like fries and greasy fried chicken, although I eat fairly healthy. I tend to think about them more especially when I am hungry, so I am aware of this and try to eat until I am full. Any suggestions? How do you all deal with your favorite food cravings? Thanks and have a wonderful day in this 90 degree weather