33 weeks pregnant, still going strong (through listening to my body)!

Hello!

Thought I'd give an update. Still going strong now in the third trimester! I hadn't looked at a pre-pregnancy photo in ages and it's really amazing to see how my body has changed in 33weeks!

Finished Sweat recently, then did the May challenge and now have gone back to Blend, which I did pre-Sweat. Pretty damn proud of myself! Since the end of the first trimester I've been absolutely 100% commited to moving and eating a balanced diet, with treats 😁 the first trimester I barely moved and could only stomach beige carbs!

Anyway, I modify where I need to, whether that be doing a low impact version, elevating burpees, or completely changing a particular exercise that isn't suitable. I engage my core as much as I can. I take extra time when 20 seconds of water break isn't enough. If I'm clearly exhausted I will do gentle yoga instead of the planned workout and reschedule that workout for the following day. Sometimes if a workout is waaaaay too strenuous or if I'd have to modify absolutely everything, then I substitute it for a pregnancy workout or other suitable FB workout.

No guilt about rest time, no guilt about modifying, no guilt about substituting workouts. I was well aware that I might lose definition during pregnancy and obviously gain fat. But this doesn't bother me. My aims in working out while pregnant were:

- To not lose my stamina

- To be and feel strong

- Therefore protecting my pelvis and back as my tummy gets heavier

- To feel healthy and build a healthy baby!

- To have the stamina for labour and aid my recovery post-birth

I'm still managing HIIT, cardio and strength. But when my body really feels done with that I can just move to lower impact stuff and pregnancy specific videos. Basically, you can always move!!

Working out makes me feel so strong and empowered. I hope this has inspired some to get moving and just never judge yourself. Do what you can!

Hugs from the UK!

💪🌻💚