Having a good mindset and knowing when to stop

Today was supposed to be my upper body + core day but due to IBS pain flares it doesn't look like I'll be doing it today. In all honesty I'm totally okay with that because I know that the other workouts can be two total body days to ensure that I've trained properly. However with that said I'm also putting in a little yoga to have a calming effect on me. Yesterday I was absolutely wiped out by fatigue and I just sat there doing work feeling like a zombie 😴.

I actually went 2 weeks without feeling any sort of pain in my abdominals so it caught me off guard as soon as I woke up, but it didn't suprise me too much because sooner or later the pain would've come back. I think the moral of this post is just to take care of yourself every now and then, listen to your body, and if you feel like you can't do any workouts this week it doesn't mean that you failed! It just means that you need to recover before going back to your everyday life.

Unfortunately my college work won't just sit there and do it by itself so I will be working on that today but I will do things slowly and ensure my teachers are aware of my issue. That being said I have a few Netflix shows to watch for chilled out evening as well as some video games so here's to a relaxing day 🥂.

Sometimes taking time out for yourself is one of the best things you can do and don't feel guilty about it! We're all human we need some self love so if you haven't already, maybe you could set out at least 1 day a week where you just completely chill out and get away from any form of stress. I know that's quite hard right now because the world we are currently living in isn't perfect but sometimes you kind of have to turn off the news every now and then. That's been one of my main sources of stress so if I want to watch the news I only watch it for the maximum of 15 minutes because I know that if I watch it any longer it'll only make me upset.

I hope this post helps anyone who comes across it! I know it can be a bit scary to ask for help sometimes but here in this community we're one big family and we look out for each other. I also hope that some of these tricks I've been implementing into my life may help you too!

I hope you have a lovely day!

Edited