Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

After eating healthier, have you found your tolerance to unhealthy food is way less than it used to be?

I remember I used to easily eat a medium combo meal with a medium shake from whatever fast food place and feel fine. Now, I have like 2 sips of a shake or ice cream and my blood sugar is through the roof- I can just FEEL it.

It's honestly to the point where I can barely enjoy even one small deviation from eating healthy without feeling sick afterwards. For example- we went to a very famous donut shop when some family came to town. I had 1.5 donuts (not huge, smaller than your fist in size)- something that never would have bothered me previously- and I got so sick from the sugar I was done for the whole night. Has anyone else found this, and does it bother you?

When we go out with people who order normal things I often feel bad because I can't just let it go for the night and order similar things, so I'm the one at the table with a salad bowl while they all eat burgers or fried foods. The only way I can eat like that is if I'm prepared to feel like garbage for the rest of the day and possibly the next day. Maybe I'm just getting old...