Ultimate Choco Cake – Eat At Your Own Risk 😉

I mean, chocolate is so good that often feels out-of-this-world. Still, it is real food, right? Not imaginary. 😅

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BISCUIT:

4 medium eggs (egg = cro. jaje)

0-100 g of sugar (cro. šećer)

200 g butter (cro. maslac)

150 g of chocolate (cro. čokolada)

4 tablespoons flour (cro. brašno)

1/2 bag of baking powder (cro. prašak za pecivo)

100 ml of milk (cro. mlijeko)

1. Egg yolk + sugar + melted butter + melted chocolate + flour + baking powder. Finally, add egg whites. Put in the oven (180°C) and bake.

2. When baked, sprinkle (a lot!) with warm milk.

CREAM:

1000 ml of whipping cream (DO NOT WHIP!)

300 g of cooking chocolate

300 g of milk chocolate

1. Cook (DO NOT BOIL!) until the chocolate melts, wait for it to cool a bit and pour over the biscuit.

2. Chill for at least a couple of hours, best overnight.

Most often I do it this way. It's basic for many more options. I'll name a few here:

1. Rum: Half of the sprinkle milk for biscuit replace with rum, and put rum per taste in the cream.

2. Orange or Lemon: Half or all of the sprinkle milk for biscuit replace with freshly squeezed juice. Put the zest of 2 citruses in the cream, and for garnish per taste.

3. Banana: Do the basic recipe and place thinly sliced bananas between biscuit and cream.

4. Marzipan: Do the basic recipe and place layer of marzipan between biscuit and cream. Garnish with blanched almond flakes.

5. White Version: Do the regular vanilla biscuit without any chocolate, and sprinkle with milk. For the cream, use 0,5l of whipping cream and 300g white chocolate.

The one on the pic is Choco-Orange-Rum-Cake, meaning combo of 1. and 2. I left out milk entirely and sprinkled it with half rum, half orange juice.

For those who seek a version for a clean diet, you can try adding nuts and put the heathier choco instead, but I cannot guarantee the taste. 😉

Bon Appetite! (cro. Dobar tek!) 😁

Edited