Celebrating 40404 minutes of fitnessblender workouts :-)

Recently I got a fitnessblender plus account to celebrate my 5 year fitnessblender anniversary and was amazed by the number I saw in my statistics yesterday :-)

When I found fitnessblender five years ago, I came from a very low starting point. I had been fairly active during school, but then had to undergo major reconstructive surgery; several years and six large operations later I was so weak that I moved to a flat with an elevator when continuing my studies at university as I would not even have been able to walk up the stairs to the third floor.

Fitnessblender workouts at first were hard. I did most of the strength exercises just bodyweight and was not able to do two jump squats in a row but in time working out became easier and more and more fun.

Today it sometimes amazes me what my body can do. At the end of last hiking season I did a tour of 1800 metres of altitude in one day, crossing five summits and I felt so incredibly alive.

But more importantly, working out with fitnessblender has changed my perception of my body. I have always been slim without having to diet, but was always so insecure about my physical flaws that I could never see any of the beauty others told me I had.

Today I am proud of my body. Of what it can do and of what it looks like, Even if six reconstructive operations could not restore it to a completely "normal", symmetrical look, it still no longer feels like the body that failed me by becoming ill, but like the one that healed and that allows me to do all those amazing things like hiking, climbing, ski touring or sometimes just simply feeling beautiful.

Thank you Kelli and Daniel, for changing my life.