šŸ‘»check-in Saturday 6-6-2020

Hello all you blenderbuddies! Feeling chuffed to be doing the ghosting this weekend!!! What about you? How are you feeling: happy, sad, energetic, lethargic, raring-to-go, relaxed or any other adjective that describes your mood or your day? My day is a bit cold, grey and windy, but wind means: bodyboarding is probably on the cards! We walked to the cliff top this morning, but the waves werenā€™t big enough yet to have fun, but a bit later on this afternoon they should be pretty good. YAY! Talking about cards: it is birthday card time for Kelli.... happy birthday Kelli. I hope you have a lovely day! Sorry, it feels like I am zigzagging a bit instead of sticking to a nice flowing check-in line. So letā€™s get this organised a bit better:

Workouts: whatā€™s on the cards (šŸ™ƒ) or should I say ā€œcalendarā€ for you? Hitting, cardioing, lifting, yogaing, pilatesing or resting? (My spelling corrector doesnā€™t like some of those words šŸ¤”šŸ¤­). My day started off with Gardenblender. Some of the exercising four of us were doing round our garden were: T-stabilizations, walkdowns with up down plank, walking lunges, sumo squats plus kicks, toetaps, lateral and ventral raises etc etc. As we were chatting away as well as working hard, we decided: fun is the most important thing. If fitness isnā€™t fun, you stop doing it! For one of our neighbours it was only her second time this was quite an eye-opener?!?! What do you think? Should fitness be fun? Or just hard work? Anyway, what with me doing bodyboarding later on my Abs2 day 4 will be rescheduled! (Sorry Esther... we were supposed to be doing it togetheršŸ™ˆ)!

Food: as you may have noticed that is always a very short paragraph for me. I am not the worldā€™s most enthusiastic cook, quite the opposite... the worldā€™s most reluctant cook. Hubby is cooking today, so no agony for me trying to avoid the pitfalls of forever doing the same thing. Although, hey wow, I have been experimenting with some new recipes lately! I even cooked two days in a row, unheard of for me. Problem with me is: I decide on a recipe, start cooking and then find I havenā€™t t got one or more essential ingredients. So I improvise and that leads to very varying results. What sort of cook are you? An ā€œoops, havenā€™t got that ingredient, improviseā€ one or a ā€œstick-to-the-recipeā€ one? Letā€™s hear it from you!

Photo: trying to do a Raven here and given you some botanical bits... this photo, which I posted on one of Ravenā€™s check-ins, shows a puya chilensis spike. This particular variety blooms only every four to five years. The last time it was in bloom in our Tropical Gardens was five years ago. At nearly 3 meters high it towers high above me, so shorty me hasnā€™t been able to smell it close-up. But bees love it, they are always buzzing around it. The flowers are huge and a greeny yellow.

Thatā€™s it for me on here today: off to my next ā€œworkoutā€: worming my way into my wetsuit, I thoroughly dislike it, but wind is such that I am not going in only a swim cozzy! Then off to the beach. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures or perhaps non-adventures, basically: about your day!

Edited