Daily Check-in: Friday, June 5th

Welcome to the Friday Check-in! How is everything going for you? Any plans or looking forward to the weekend? It's suppose to continue raining all weekend over here so not sure what the plans hold, but no doubt there will be some weather workarounds.

But what #workoutcompletes are we going for today? Could also totally be a rest day as resting is the ever important part of being healthy. As for me (and my Sweat crew) it's day 5 of FB Sweat, and it's one of my favorite lower body workouts! Paired with a pilates EC, I think it's a great way to end the week. How did your first week of Sweat go, guys? I really enjoyed the entire week. Challenging, but balanced. Sore and full of arm circles, lol. Anyone doing FB Sweat feel free to check-in and share your workout experiences! Or just share whatever movement you are doing and how it's making you feel.

We also have the food feels. Whether we are excited for a treat or feeling good after some real food, let's satisfy our hunger and give our body what it will need and thank us for. Homemade pizza is the obvious answer for me. If you're wondering if I put pizza on a pedestal, I most certainly do, but it's so I can look up to check and see if its cooked on the bottom of course.😜

..Okay, so I'm ending with today's picture being the flowers of an American Beautyberry. A flower that has American and beauty in one description. To remind ourselves that despite all the craziness, sadness, and frustrations happening, there are beautiful souls out there (world wide as well, not just in America) that help more than make up for the not so great and chaotic things that go on. It's easy to get upset with the ugly side of things, feel broken down and loose faith in humanity; but I choose to see and focus on the good. Things feel so senstive right now and we still have so much to learn. I don't want to get too political (or heck, maybe even too vague) but I don't have right words or really there are none, just wishful thinking. Wishful thinking in knowing that we can rise above and hopefully be better. We have to.

But you probably just wanted to know that these flowers in the picture will turn into marvelish magenta colored berries clustered in sections up and down the stems of this bush. They taste kinda insipid and mealy in texture, but read they can make for a decent jelly. I can attest to the insipidness, but not the jelly. It's on this Florida girl's bucket list and a constant reminder to try in the late summer and fall as they can be seen almost everywhere. As long as the deer, birds and squirrels don't beat me to it first. Which is alright; they kinda have first rights anyway.

With that said, Lea will be your guide this weekend, spreading her contagious love of life. You'll see me on Monday, but until then, stay safe and strong out there, my friends. And take care of yourselves.💛