May + NSV (Non-scale victory) + Ditching the Scale

As May is officially over, I saw most of you guys had uploaded your own May Complete schedule! All of them look fantastic and super motivating. So I thought I'd upload mine too :)

I finished FBStrong and surprisingly, I can lift heavier now! I don't know if it was the momentum from FBStrong made me want to lift more but now, I can lift 21lbs per hand for squats and deadlifts. I used to use 17lbs per hand before. So thank you very much Kelli and Daniel and the FB community, I couldn't have done it without you!

I have also decided to ditch the scale once and for all because, honestly, it's kind of overrated, and it says absolutely nothing about the hard work you put in either. They're just numbers made to make you feel bad about whatever kind of body you have: If the number on the scale is way too heavy then you'd feel guilty and ultimately starve yourself; if the weight was too low, then you'd think you were losing muscle and resort to eating way more than you should. Overall, I just think that now, after finishing FBStrong and going into FBFit, it doesn't matter what a mindless machine thinks of you, especially when it forces you into bad eating habits and stress about things that are honestly not even that important. I also got a chance to watch Kelli's story, and after watching it for the first time, I grew to love FB even more than I already do. The way Kelli changed from being the type of person who was always worried about the number on the scale into an inspirational, brave, and motivational human being really got me thinking: if Kelli can do it and wants me to do it too, I can do it!

So thank you, for reading my post and for being a friendly voice in the community. And thank you K&D for making fitness accessible, free, and fun for those who want it.