Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

My month of May

Checking in with a May I feel proud of 😊

In April I consistently hit 4-5 workouts a week, which is more than my usual which ranges anywhere between 2-5 times/week. It's dependent on so many things - energy level, my work demands & schedule, how I'm feeling, mood, etc

I am perfectly fine with these variances in frequency and intensity and I think that's why I don't fall out of love with working out - I keep it a positive, breathable, flexible part of my life. Not that it's without it's own sources of frustrations (I think that's normal too 😉).

This month I worked out less frequently overall, averaging roughly 3 workouts a week. Another thing that varied this month, though, was the intensity of my workouts.

Three of these check marks represent workout videos that I filmed for FB, and they were all more intense than what I've typically been able to film in the past couple of years. One workout even included 6 minutes of full blown HIIT! Which is also a first for me over the past 30 months or so. Feels like progress to me!

My goal now is to keep very slowly, carefully bumping the intensity of my workouts. With patience, I'm sure I can do it.

Working out with any chronic condition/pain means that you have to really tune in and listen to your body, and be constantly willing to adjust. Basically, whatever amount of activity might flare your pain, work to 70-90% of that capacity, so that you avoid aggravating your situation or causing any setbacks. Be willing to take extra rest days - or maybe even more importantly, be willing to replace that brutal workout that you had planned, with something slow, gentle and kind to your body, when it needs it.

Ultimately: Just. Keep. Moving.

In whatever way you safely can. Whatever that might look like.

But rest days are important too 😀 I feel like I need to put that at the end of every message involving consistency!

Anyways, thanks for reading my ramble. Onto an exciting June!

Kelli

Edited