Weekend Check-in: Saturday, May 30th

Happy Saturday, Blenders! Your friendly Southwestern “ghost” (guest host) Coby, here! I hope this Saturday finds you all well!

Let’s get straight to the picture. If you can spot the curve-billed thrasher hiding in the cholla cactus, then you win 500 pretend points! 👏🏽 🎉 The cholla is in my neighbor’s front yard, and every spring a thrasher builds a nest among the thorns and we get to see the babies grow and leave the nest. We often get thrashers at our bird feeder, or in our garden, pecking at the dirt and tossing it aside to find bugs for a meal.

Speaking of meals, hopefully you all are eating something better than bugs? We are! Tonight we are having grilled pizza, and I am making a brownie-bottomed Baked Alaska. Yesterday was our last day of homeschool, and I usually make a cake to celebrate. I decided to switch things up and try this Baked Alaska recipe that I’ve been eyeballing for awhile. But what about you? Tell me what’s on your plates today! And if you have found a bug that you like to eat, this is a judgment free zone. My mom once ate termites and said they were delicious!

And what workouts are on today’s calendar? Something nice and light, maybe a walk or stretching, or even yard work? Is it a sweatfest kind of day? I’m doing a lower body hiit workout today, so it’s going to be a sweatfest! Whatever you do, remember to listen to your body- push yourself when you can, modify when you need to, and if your body says to stop and rest, then do that!

Well that’s enough out of me! I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I will see you tomorrow!

Edited