C

How do I get defined abs?

Recently I’ve been struggling with motivation. My goal is fairly simple- I want to see my abs. I’m not trying to look like a body builder or anything. I’ve tried a lot of stuff and learned a lot too. 3 years ago or so is when I first started trying to exercise, I was 12 at the time. I did 100 push-ups a day and 100 sit-ups a day for months on end. Then I stopped. A year or so later I went cardio-crazy, I did a 45 minutes of either a legs, arms, or abs focused HIIT- my first workout on Fitness Blender, and I cut my portion sizes and stopped eating snack, by that I mean I didn’t take a second helping and no food other than at mealtime. I definitely slimmed down, but alas no abs in sight. Then I stopped again. That was last summer, I was 14. After a few months I tried again, having realized you’re not supposed to do HIIT that much. I did a 3 day mass building cycle that isolated various muscles in my upper body. No abs. Now I’ve been doing some anaerobic threshold HIIT on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Plus strength training on abs and legs, plus the mass training, plus I’m training for black belt in martial arts, and I’ve been drinking the recommended amount of water. All told it’s >an hour and a half. It’s mentally exhausting, though, and I dread it every day. I’ve managed to lose some inches of my midsection, but the progress has slowed and made me question why I’m doing it. (By the way I’m 15 at this point). Currently I’m at 141 lbs which consists of 15% body fat (which I only hold in my belly) and that’s up from the 12% I had when I wasn’t working out. I’m 50.1% muscle mass, 60.8% water, and my BMI is 24.1. I need some way to just get some definition. I’m perfectly healthy and strong after all this training, but no one I know would even know I work out. All I ever hear is, “you’re stronger than you look”. For me the next step is to look the part of all the effort I’ve made, it’ll get harder as I get older. So my question is: does anyone know how to structure a long standing routine, so that I can build MASS on the upper and lower body (including calves) but actually see my abs for once? (I can’t do anything dietary other than cut snack since I don’t cook.)